The Role of HPBAC
The Hearth, Patio and Barbecue Association of Canada (HPBAC)
is a trade association, dedicated to serving the needs of our members, established for the purpose of:
- Providing a voice for the industry
- Promoting and protecting the interests of those engaged in the hearth, patio and barbecue industries
- Coordinating and integrating the needs of industry dealers, distributors, manufacturers and suppliers
- Providing educational and networking opportunities to all our members on both national and regional levels
- Promoting consumer awareness of the benefits associated with our products
Educate the Public
Working with our partners HPBAC has helped Canadians from all walks of life access quality, affordable heating and decorative equipment:
- HPBAC and WETT have worked together to address the quality and safety of wood heating appliances, as well as educate about responsible wood heating that is efficient, safe and healthy for all Canadians – from suburb neighbourhoods to First Nation reserves.
- EnerGuide for Gas Fireplaces — HPBAC has contributed to the creation of standards for the testing of gas fireplaces, and administers the EnerGuide for Gas Fireplaces program. We’ve also helped in the development of the EnerChoice certification mark in BC which identifies the highest performing gas appliances
- Gas Fireplace Safety — HPBAC has initiated a campaign for Gas Fireplace Safety with our Hot Glass Warning logo promoting how to ensure a gas fireplace is used safely and responsibly within a home.
Through our work with government agencies and on standards committees, HPBAC contributes to the well-being of the sector and encourages innovation, offering:
- Canada’s leading source of objective, reliable hearth and barbecue information
- Answers to questions about buying or maintaining an appliance,
- Insight into planning or adapting a home to meet changing needs
- Best practices in appliance installation, operation and maintenance to help ensure the buying public get the most out of our members’ offerings
Our members offer a comprehensive range of hearth, barbecue and patio products and our job is to help provide the information needed to help Canadians make better choices for their homes and businesses. We are a source of relevant industry information and statistics which are helpful in the promotion of the industry.
Homeowners can trust HPBAC’s unbiased advice and assistance. As Canada’s national industry association, we strive to present information objectively. We have some of the best, most credible information available anywhere in Canada.
Educate Our Members
HPBAC provides business and technical training opportunities to members on a regional and national basis. We work with industry experts to develop workshops and programs tailored for our members to help them build business and improve their sales and technical skills. We also provide opportunities for members to learn more about regional and national issues that affect their business and to learn from one another.
Although a national association, we have three strong regional committees that work within communities. This enables us to support our members on local or regional issues.