Board of Directors
HPBAC Board of Directors Action Statement:
To take overall responsibility for the governance of HPBAC, establish policy to provide direction for the organization, focus on strategic planning and monitor the overall performance of the Board, the Executive Director and the organization.
Criteria and Duties of HPBAC Directors
- Attend Board of Directors meetings
- Provide leadership to the Board of Directors
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Discuss HPBAC issues with the Board of Directors.
- Provide guidance for organizational priorities and governance concerns.
- Interpret and analyze HPBAC’s annual budget.
- Evaluate HPBAC’s reports and performance with respect to achieving goals and objectives.
- Adhere to HPBAC’s Board of Directors Code of Conduct and Ethics and any applicable bylaws.
- Represent the Association in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Criteria for Candidates
- Must be current members of HPBA Canada
- Has attended at least one Annual General Meeting of HPBA Canada
- Has participated in at least one committee or project of HPBA Canada, its Chapters or of HPBA or its affiliates
- Has positive feedback from Chairman or President of related committee/Board work
- Has positive industry regard by peers.
Board of Directors
President: Dominique Pagé, United Buyers Group
Vice President: Andrew Vickers, Powrmatic
Past President: Kimberley Davis, Compact Appliances
Treasurer: Samantha Pickering, Vancouver Gas Fireplace
Atlantic Representative: Steve Keeling, Keeling Agencies
Western Chapter Representative: Steve Abrams, Concorde/Jackson Grills
Central Chapter Representative: Steve Haagmans, Miles Industries/Valor
APC Representative: Alexander Marcakis, Supreme
HPBA Board Representative: Ingrid Schroeter, Napoleon
Director (Manufacturer Rep): Dan Bonar, ICC-RSF
Director (Manufacturer Rep): Olivier Langis, SBI
Director (Retailer Rep): Alan Baroey, Marsh’s Fireplaces Director
HPBA (Non-Voting): Jack Goldman, HPBA
Non-Voting Director: Laura Litchfield, HPBAC
HPBAC’s Board of Directors recently approved the appointment of a Board Development Committee to manage the ongoing volunteer recruitment, orientation and development from committee participation through Board membership.