1. What is a hearth?
a) The floor of the fireplace where the fire burns
b) The area in front of the fireplace
c) A symbol of one’s home
d) All of the above
2. Which lyric in the French Canadian National Anthem also means fireplace in French?
3. Who is the Greek goddess of the hearth?
4. The pronunciation of Hearth rhymes with which word?
5. How long should you let wood dry before you burn it in your hearth appliance?
a) 1 month
b) 3 months
c) 6 months
d) 1 year
6. What is the optimum moisture rate for firewood before burning it in your hearth appliance?
a) Less than 10%
b) Less than 20%
c) Less than 30%
d) Less than 40%
7. The oldest hearth in the world (300,000 years old) was discovered in a cave where?
8. When is it believed the first indoor fireplace was used?
a) 17th century
b) 12th century
c) 16th century
d) 10th century
Answers 1d; 2c; 3b; 4d; 5c; 6b; 7a, 8b